Dietician Danny's Approach
Photo: Community stepwell in Jaipur, India
I guarantee you professional advice with personalized guidance to harmonize your eating and living habits addressing:
- Healthy and tasty food:
- basics of healthy food
- losing weight to feel better
- sports nutrition for amateur athletes
- follow-up if you are in a program at an Obesity Clinic
- irritable bowel disease (IBD) and other gastrointestinal problems such as Crohn's disease and wheat or gluten intolerance (coeliak/celiak disease)
- Prevention (overlaps with healthy food):
- discussion of your health risks with the health compass of the Flemish government
- high blood pressure (hypertension), elevated blood glucose (hyperglycemia), disturbed values for cholesterol, triglycerides, vitamins, liver enzymes, inflammation markers...
- weight loss when overweight and building muscle mass when underweight
- food cravings and irresistible urge to eat
- early signs or diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's...
- dietary advice if you are considering bariatric surgery (stomach reduction surgery)
- Health improvement (overlaps with healthy food and prevention):
- dietary advice in the post-COVID-19 care process, long COVID and suspected side effects
- prediabetes, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance
- gestational diabetes and PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- dietary advice before and after bariatric surgery
My step-by-step approach consists of gradually introducing a number of lifestyle changes that you can sustain in the long term and that suit you:
- during the intake interview we map out what you want to achieve and discuss how you can and want to achieve this goal
- one or two weeks after the intake interview, we will discuss the concrete plan that I have worked out for you so that it becomes your personal schedule
- with an interval of a few weeks, the schedule and your progression will be discussed and the schedule will be adjusted if necessary
Why would you come to me?
If you want to learn how to bake bread, don't ask a butcher for advice.
I have been living by the same principles that I currently recommend to others since 2018, I don't recommend to others what I don't like myself 😇
So, I know what I am talking about: I used to be seriously overweight, and suffered from chronic inflammation and hypertension, I had disturbed blood works, was seriously overweight, suffered from sleep apnea and I slept with a CPAP machine. Not anymore.
I am a scientific researcher since 1996
Now I apply my scientific research approach to nutrition and health improvement.
I had never thought about what "healthy food" actually means.
There is so much to see on television and in the newspapers, but what is actually true?
Finding the truth regarding food and health motivated me to retrain as a licensed dietitian.
With my approach, nobody follows a "diet", and you don't count calories!
As a licensed dietitian and researcher, I can provide you with the best possible advice that suits you.
The emphasis is on tasty and healthy food so that your quality of life improves.
This of course means that you will gradually adjust your eating pattern, but this is easier than you expect 😜
I am happy to share my knowledge and experience!
The most important adjustments I have made are: I now eat fewer carbohydrates and avoid unhealthy fats.
I also have a lot of experience in analyzing lab results and would like to review and discuss your reports and blood work!
It goes without saying that I like to give presentations and further training.
Request an Appointment
If you have any question, just contact me!